Jim was born and died in Kamloops (1917 – 1989), the son of one of Kamloops first Lawyers. After serving Overseas in WWII he settled in the Okanagan with his wife Hazel. In 1952 Jim moved back to Kamloops and worked as City Clerk. He assisted in the amalgamation of Kamloops, North Kamloops and Valleyview. Jim held board or Executive Positions with the School District 24, Kamloops United Church, Sea Cadets, Civil Defense, Cancer Society, Kamloops Museum, and Royal Inland Hospital. Through his tutelage, some of his children and grandchildren continue to contribute to this growing city.
In April 1989 Jim was made a Freeman of the City of Kamloops, a few months before he passed away of ALS. Jim was a quiet gentleman who never sought recognition for his work in the community and is remembered as “a real prince of a man.” (from Bobbi Clark)